photo wishlist_zps2544b6d7.png

Friday, January 6, 2012

Book Review: If I Stay


BOOK review

Started on: 5.January.2012
Finished on: 6.January.2012

oh well. i cried. especially the last bit. and the end of the book makes me crave to read the second one right now. i guess i'll read the sequel (Where She Went) when i got back from my holiday :)
the story itself is very heart-breaking, especially since it's written with a first-person point of view. Mia makes you feel what she's feeling; and that feeling's not all happy. that's why i cried :'( when i'm reading the story, i felt really emotional and i literally cannot stop reading. i want to know what's going to happen to Mia next; what is her decision. i'd say this book is very well written. :)
without further delay, here's the review:

------

"I concentrate on the notes, imagining myself playing,
feeling grateful for this chance to practice,
happy to be in a warm car with my sonata and my family.
I close my eyes.
"

that was Mia's final thought before the tragedy happened.
Mia, a seventeen year old girl, was living a dream life. she had the perfect family; loving parents who supported her love of music, and her little brother Teddy. Mia had her bestfriend Kim, and a cool-rocker boyfriend, Adam.
but everything changed in a blink of an eye, when her family's car got into a terrible accident which causes her parents to die instantly.

"But Teddy is gone. Mom and Dad are gone. 
This morning I went for a drive with my family. 
And now I am here, as alone as I've ever been.
I am  seventeen years old. This is not how it's supposed to be.
This is not how my life is supposed to turn out."

strangely, Mia observes everything that's happening. in a form of spirit/ghost.
she's able to watch everything, even watching her own body which was severely broken because the accident, until she was brought to the ICU and heard when the doctor said that she's in a coma.

"If I stay. If I live. It's up to me."

while observing her body and the people visiting her: her grandparents, aunts, uncles, even Kim and Adam, she remembers the memories she had with her loving family, her friendship with Kim that didn't start great, even her love relationship with Adam which started with music.

so what's Mia decision?
will she choose to live, knowing that she will live as an orphan.
or choose to let everything go.

***
i won't spoil the ending though ;P but i will talk about the things i like about the book :)
first, the characters are all wonderful! the book actually doesn't have a really exciting plot, but the author makes me feel emotionally attached to the characters. telling Mia's memories of her family, her friends, and Adam; making me know them personally. i guess that's why i feel emotional while reading. the story makes me feel like i am Mia.

Adam, the dream boyfriend which friends from BBI talked a lot about ;)
he's actually very lovely and charming. there's this one quote that instantly make me like him :)

"Mia, Mia, Mia," he said, stroking the tendrils of my hair that had escaped from the wig.
"This is the you I like. You definitely dressed sexier and are, you know, blond, and that's different.
But the you who you are tonight is the same you I was in love with yesterday, 
the same you I'll be in love with tomorrow.
I love that you're fragile and tough, quiet and kick-ass.
Hell, you're one of the punkest girls I know, no matter who you listen to or what you wear."

aww~ Adam. such a sweet talker i think.
i also lovee Kim's character in the story. actually, i cried because of her. here's a quote by Kim.

"There are like twenty people in that waiting room right now.
Some of them are related to you. Some of them are not. But we're all your family."
She stops now. Leans over me so that the wisps of her hair tickle my face.
She kisses me on the forehead.
"You still have a family," she whispers.

gosh. haven't been reading such an emotional book for quite a long time.
this book is officialy my first fave book in 2012 :)

 5/5 stars
by.stefaniesugia♥

9 comments:

  1. aw aww~ hahahah :D akhirnya kenal jg sm si Adam yg bikin penasaran ini ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ada lagi yang kena sihir Adam, reviewnya bagus dan sangat menyentuh :)

    Ayo ayo Stef! Lanjut Where She Went ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @mba mia: hahaha iyaaa gawat nihhh :X makasiih mba miaa :D iy masi ngantri Where She Went-nya :D hrus baca buku dri Secret Santa dlu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyknya bagus y ban, pgn beli jdan.. ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pinaaaa ^^ wkwkwkw iya bgus ini viiiin~ :D
      belio :P
      ada sequel-e jg, judule Where She went, tpi agak beda style e.. wkwkw

      Delete
  5. mbak fanie, ini bukan genre romance yah?? atau ada sentuhan romance nya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ini genre YA :) ada romance-nya juga sih. :D

      Delete
    2. started with twitter then I came across in to this post....as yesterday my friend just watched the movie as well And suggest me to read the book before watch the movie..
      Well....Periplus here I come LOL

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...