photo wishlist_zps2544b6d7.png

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Movie Adaptation Review: The Hunger Games

.

MOVIE ADAPTATION of The Hunger Games
read my book review on The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 
see the movie trailer in my older post here

HAPPY HUNGER GAMES. May the odds be ever in your favor.


GOSH. I guess no one will know how excited i was when i heard The Hunger Games premiered in my city! I was already over-excited when my friends started putting up status saying they're watching The Hunger Games, and how great the movie was, and all of that. Makes me want to go at that moment. And fortunately, the day after the premiere was a holiday! So i asked my parents to go watch it with me :):) Which is why I'm very thankful to both of them. If it weren't for them, I might have waited for the DVD to be released. So here's a non-spoiling, just-an-opinion review by me about the movie adaptation for the great series of The Hunger Games.
#Anyway, sorry for the lack of screencaps because it's not a DVD, which means I can't screencap it using my computer. So, bare with the teaser pictures. ;P


First of all, the plot. Of course there were many scenes skipped; a usual thing for a movie adaptation. I guess they're having a lot of thought on how to make audience understand the whole thing about The Capitol, Districts, and The Hunger Games; especially for those who didn't read the book. Since I finished reading the series already, the movie is a familiar thing to me, I kind of know everything- from beginning to end. But I think people will understand it just as well even without reading the book. I asked both my parents and thankfully they understood the movie pretty well. I'm just a little bit disappointed because Katniss-Peeta moments doesn't show much in the movie :( And also there's not much action in the movie; a lot of killing, but the action only comes occasionally.


As for the characters in the movie, i LOVE Jennifer Lawrence! I know that she has a very bright and bubbly personality off-screen, but in this movie she's definitely a Katniss Everdeen. Her swiftness and her shooting ability was very well seen. I always love it when she shoots the arrow. And of course, I won't forget Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark; my favorite character in the book. I absolutely love it so much when I saw him smile in screen. He has this really cute smile that I can't get enough of. Liam Hemsworth doesn't get that much part, just like the book, but he showed a pretty nice character as Gale. Another character to love would be Alexander Ludwig as Cato! I really don't care that much about him being the bad guy; because every time he's on screen, I just couldn't take my eyes off him. Sorry, can't help it... And President Snow... He's exactly how I imagined him to be. Donald Sutherland is the right guy.

Overall, even though of course there's a little bit disappointment with the movie adaptation (as always, it never captures the original book completely) I still think the movie was awesome! The casting is perfect. And more importantly, I enjoyed every bit of it. I do hope this will keep up (or be even better) in the next movie: Catching Fire. #Here's a picture of smiling Josh/Peeta for my personal pleasure. haha. so sorry for the photo madness in this post.


And for those who roots for Katniss-Peeta couple, the official name would be Team Peeniss; which is a pretty awkward name. LOL. But Josh Hutcherson confirmed. #TeamPeenis yay! So that's about all I've got to say about the movie. I don't want to spoil anything for those of you who haven't seen it. Happy Hunger Games!




by.stefaniesugia♥ .

8 comments:

  1. Great review Stefanie. This is a colorful and entertaining film, and I was constantly wrapped up in it as a drama. It isn’t the kind of bombastic event we usually get as a franchise blockbuster and for that I’m thankful. It also helps that the ensemble cast is nothing short of amazing either, and that Jennifer Lawrence’s career will hopefully totally hit super-start status after this because she’s great as well. Check out my review when you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :)) i kind of see it as a drama as well. and of course, Jennifer Lawrence is an incredibly talented actress. I enjoyed reading your review too ;))

      Delete
  2. Stefanie, ngiri deh sama kamu. Haha.
    Aku nontonnya masih lama nih, nunggu minggu depan :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaa :PP
      ayo segera segera secepatnya ditontonn!! ;))

      Delete
  3. Bagus pol banii!! The movie is just like what I've imagined, in love with Peeta now~~ There're not many crazy actions bcause they try to make it PG-13. But it's true, we need more Katniss-Peeta moments!
    And, ban recommend me some good novels donk, lg libur bosen ni pgn baca sesuatuu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wkwkwkw baguss yahh ;**
      aku udah in love with Peeta dari bukuee. TT TT
      hahhaha mau buku apa? sejauh ini belum nemu buku inggris yg terlalu bombastis sih.. aku skrg seringan baca buku indo :">

      Delete
  4. "We <3 Peeniss" Ya ampun. Mau ngakak rasanya. :))
    Sejujurnya aku belum pernah membaca satupun buku The Hunger Games. Tapi sejak heboh film ini, aku jadi penasaran. Akhirnya beli buku pertamanya. Niatnya, mau baca buku dulu baru nonton filmnya. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...